Call for PARTICIPATION
** THE 2016 UPMARC SUMMER SCHOOL **
The 2016 UPMARC Summer School on Multicore Computing focuses on research trends for scalable and correct multicore programs and systems and will take place at Uppsala University, Sweden during 7-10 June, 2016.
The school is sponsored by the UPMARC research programme of Uppsala University (see upmarc.se<http://upmarc.se/>). In particular, attendance of the summer school is *free*. (There is only a cancellation fee.)
The school offers lectures given by leading researchers in the area, including:
* Gul Agha, University of Illinois, USA
* Marko Bertogna, University of Modena, Italy
* Sebastian Burchardt, Microsoft Research Redmond , USA
* Pontus Ekberg, Uppsala University, Sweden
* Christoph Kirsch, University of Salzburg, Austria
* Roland Meyer, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
* Vijay Nagarajan, University of Edinburgh, UK
* Daniel J. Sorin, Duke University, USA
* Wang Yi, Uppsala University, Sweden
In addition, the school will include a session where students will be given the opportunity to present their own research in the area of multicore/parallel computing.
The lecturers will both cover foundations and several emerging areas including the design of scalable data structures, building and maintaining large actor systems, understanding replication and consistency models, and the analysis of real-time multi-core systems. We aim to attract graduate students, scientists and young scientists both from academia and industry. Lectures will help in identifying and addressing fundamental challenges that will enable programmers to leverage the potential performance from the ongoing shift to multi-core programming and cloud computing. Our goal is to provide a stimulating environment for participants to meet and establish contacts with other participants, world-class researchers from academia and industry, local faculty, and other senior scientists.
For more information about the school, please see:
We strongly encourage people interested in participating to register as soon as possible.
• May 2nd for Registration to the Summer School.
Mohamed Faouzi Atig, Kostis Sagonas and Roland Grönroos