NEWSLETTER N°180: Feb 19 - Feb 26, 2004
__________________________________________________________ FRESH FROM BERLIN
After nine days, 23 films in Competition and several hundred others in the various sections, the winners of the 54. Berlinale have been selected. Director Fatih Akin was awarded the Golden Bear for Head On, his poignant love story between two second-generation Turks living in Germany. Other prize-winners were director Kim Ki-Duk and actors Catalina Sandino Moreno, Charlize Theron and Daniel Hendler. Lost Embrace, Maria Full of Grace, Samaria, Daybreak and Monster were the ones to watch.
__________________________________________________________ AFM CENTRAL * Indie fame at Oscars * AFM welcomes 88 first timers * Michael Ryan new AFM Chairman * Monster screens at AFM on Oscar date * Screenings: day by day schedule * The Conference program * Exhibitors listing * Accomodation and Santa Monica details? * Restaurants near AFM MORE http://filmfestivals.com/cgi-bin/fest_content/festivals.pl?fest=afm2004&...
* Gegen Die Wand wins Golden Bear in Berlin * SAG awards: what does it takes to do it... * Vesoul awards Vodka Lemon * Imagina awards * Berlinale 4 Camera Awards * Oscar nominees lists http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/more_wrapup.shtml
__________________________________________________________ GET READY FOR AFM
Book your hotel now for your trip to LA with us; reserve your cell phone at best price. "One Stop Shop" to book hotels, flights, rental car, cell phone. http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/useful_info.shtml
______________________________________________________________ NEWS FROM FESTIVALS
* Barcelona Asian 6th edition * 9th Seattle Jewish Film Festival * NSI invites young canadians to attend * BAFTA Awards Reward Lost in Translation and Return of the Kings * Miami Film Fest:: Treasures in the Dark * Weinstein Proud of "Cold Mountain" http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/festivals.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FESTIVALS AGENDA
Festivals calling for your films... This week, this month, the BULLETIN BOARD... http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/deadlines.shtml
ASPIRING FEST REPORTERS WANTED Share your festival experience from Berlin and more.
CELLHIRE, the world leader in mobile phone rental offers you in partnership with Filmfestivals FREE* incoming calls and low national and international call rates abroad. Rent local airtime for use in your own or a Cellhire phone and save on every call! Order your solution for Berlin, AFM, Cannes or any film event: http://www.filmfestivals.com/cellhire.shtml
______________________________________________________________ D-CINEMA NEWS
* D-FEST: 10 digital projectors at Berlinale http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/dcinema.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FEST PLAYERS FOCUS
* Quentin Tarantino will preside Cannes Jury * Joe Pytka honored at next Chicago TV awards * St. Clair Bourne gets DVFF Documentarian Award * Joanne Woodward & Paul Newman in honor to Lumet * Q&A with a new-festival director Action/Cut http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/people.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FRENCH NEWS ON THE FRENCH WEBSITE
* Quentin President! * Palmares du Festival des Cinémas d'Asie de Vesoul * Faces cachées de Bollywood à Beaubourg * L'Etalon Noir et les Abysses vainqueurs en IMAX http://www.filmfestivals.com/fr/index.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FILM FROM FEST FOCUS * Weinstein Likes Evil * Did you say Bollywood? pay a visit to Beaubourg * DFI launching a new industry film portal * Cold Mountain review * Monstter review http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/films.shtml
______________________________________________________________ CALL FOR ENTRIES Filmmakers don't miss these ones!
1) Attention 2004 Worldwide Short Film Festival Deadline for entries NEAR !: February 23, 2004. Festival runs May 1116, 2004, screens finest shorts & videos from Canada & worldwide.Mexico Spotlight, Classic Silent Shorts, Animators Perspective program Over $40,000 in cash and prizes ! Download entry form at http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/december/canadian.shtml
2)Truly indie showcase, Jackson Hole Film Festival, nestled next to Grand Teton Mountains in beautiful Wyoming now accepting films for May 31st deadline. Fest runs September 22-26. Cash prizes to top shorts & features. Download Entry form at http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/04/february/jackson_hole.shtml
3)Fort Myers Beach Film Festival $1,000 People's Choice Award will be awarded for the People's Choice film at Festival, April 29 - May 2, 2004. Call for Entry Deadline is March 15. Submit features, shorts, animation, docs, student films. Indicate category & complete form on http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/04/january/fort_myers.shtml
4) ANNUAL PROGRAM WITHOUT FRONTIERS Calls SHORT FILMS producers worldwide to participate with their works. Also see the news on the Festival for Documentaries and Narrative Movies. Awards information and call for entries: http://filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/sept/frontiers.shtml
5) See your Banner blinking on Filmfestivals.com HOMEPAGE linked to your online Call for Entries on our Bulletin Board. COMPOUND film entries. Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or Helen for a campaign proposition. Details online http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/bulletin_board.pdf ______________________________________________________________ MORE festival news at
Have a colleague subscribe to our newsletter: http://www.filmfestivals.com/news/newsletter.html
______________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe to our newsletter: http://www.filmfestivals.com/newsletter/unsubscribe.html ______________________________________________________________
This weekly e-newsletter is intended for subscribers only. Please feel free to forward it to other colleagues; Subscription is free of charge. For re-publication or copying requests, please contact us at: email@example.com
Copyright (c) 2004 Filmfestivals. All Rights Reserved.