NEWSLETTER #168 / Nov 19 - Nov 24 ____________________________________________________________ LATEST NEWS FROM FILMFESTIVALS.COM Please welcome our new Fest Ambassadors Dane Allan Smith (Director of The Freak and TERA) Stephanie Quay (Nightlight Entertainment) Joyce Schwarz and Mark Valensky Moira Sullivan Keiko Beatie and Andy Verostek Rachel Elisabeth Markus Olivier Delesse Paolo Bertolin Shaun Topp Susan Buzzelli Sonia Di Placido
____________________________________________________________ PRACTICAL TRIP PLANNER
Easy "One Stop Shop" to book hotels, flights, rental car, cell phone. Get your free incoming calls at MIFED on CellHire rentals. http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/cellhire.shtml Get our partners' preferred offers.
______________________________________________________________ FEATURE FESTIVALS IMAGINA FESTIVAL: February 2 - 5, 2004 Imagina, the 3D world showcase of MONTE CARLO, invites filmmakers. Calling Feature Films Clips, Short Films, Commercials, Music Videos, Video Games, Series, Credit and Logo Sequences to be part of the IMAGINA AWARDS. REGISTRATION is free on http://www.filmfestivals.net/phorum/framepro.php?url=http://www.imagina.mc
______________________________________________________________ NEWS FROM FESTIVALS * AFI: Lights, Camera, Stars Action and CUT (day by day coverage) * Zatoichi Kitano Rotterdam opener * York (shire) Fest new face * Attendance at High Falls rises * Beverly Hills Fest: Indie fame * Artivist Festival prepares Earth Day premiere * Stockholm is Tarantino's home! * Bahamas Fest opens with latest J. Sayles film * eDIT | VES Festival in Frankfurt conclusions * Experimental cinema exhibit in Colorado Springs * Tranny Fest pure energy, and trans * Indianapolis underground will open with Robot Story http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/festivals.shtml
______________________________________________________________ MESSAGE FROM OUR PARTNERS
CELLHIRE, the world leader in mobile phone rental offers you in partnership with Filmfestivals FREE* incoming calls and low national and international call rates abroad. Rent local airtime for use in your own or a Cellhire phone and save on every call! Order your solution for Sundance, Berlin, AFM, Cannes or any film event: call Cellhire on 1 866 CELLHIRE from North America or + 44 (0) 1904 610 610 from all other countries and quote reference number 5069. *Excludes certain locations http://www.filmfestivals.com/cellhire.shtml _________ NEWPORT BEACH FILM FESTIVAL calling Do not miss The Newport Beach Film Festival call for entries from films from around the world including features, shorts, documentaries, and animation The Festival runs from April 15rd through April 25th , 2004. Calling for entries now: http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/november/newport.shtml _________ 3rd BEVERLY HILLS Film Festival May 6th-9th, 2004 The festival is now acepting entries Call for Entries Deadline : February 1st, 2004 http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/july/beverly_hills2004.shtml _________ ANNUAL PROGRAM WITHOUT FRONTIERS Calls SHORT FILMS producers worldwide to participate with their works. Also see the news on the Festival for Documentaries and Fiction Features. Information about September deadlines: http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/sept/frontiers.shtml
______________________________________________________________ AWARDS UPDATE * BFI Sutherland trophy shortlists announced * EFA Critics awards to Bellochio and docu to S21 * AFI 2003 awards * Kassel Docu Video Fest * Osama gathers another one in London * Tokyo Fest awards * Gettin' square winner of Inside Film Awards in Sydney * Inside Film Lexus Awards in Sydney * Vermont awards * Tout Ecran Fipresci awards les cadets de gascogne * Fuse Marrakech Winner * Vancouver records broken * Cottbus and London critics prizes * Valladolid awards * EFA Nominees * Fuse wins Raindance * Hawai Fest winners announced http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/festivals_wrapup.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FRENCH NEWS ON THE FRENCH WEBSITE
* Pessac pret à démarrer * Festival Cinémas d'Espagne et d'Amérique latine * Le mois des docus à Marseille * La Cinquième Réaction gagnant du Fest Tout Ecran * La nouvelle vague du cinéma italien a Villerupt * Le prix ADAMI Bruno Coquatrix * Nantes les 3 continents la sélection officielle http://www.filmfestivals.com/fr/index.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FESTIVALS AGENDA
Festivals calling for your films... This week, this month, the BULLETIN BOARD... http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/deadlines.shtml
ASPIRING FEST REPORTERS WANTED ______________________________________________________________ FILM FROM FEST FOCUS
* 10 one minute films will premiere at Rotterdam * Monster premiering for AFI finale * The Stonecutter at Bahamas Fest * Loving Glances awarded at Monte Carlo * The Miracle of Bern will open London German fest * Rajhans at Bahamas Film Festival * House of Sand and Fog premiere at AFI * Trouble in Wonderland, Berlinale Hollywood retrospective * Fuse - Gori Vatra: Raindance winner * The Twilligt Samurai http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/films.shtml
______________________________________________________________ PEOPLE SPOTLIGHT
* Gianni Profita & Ph. Wolff on European Cinema figures * Merry Streep follows De Niro for 2004 AFI * Costner, Zanuck and Minghella: Palm Springs tributes * St. Louis honors Yvonne Welbon - Women in film * Costner honored at next Palm Springs Fest * Minister Giuliano Urbani visits Mifed 2003 * Helen Loveridge on board Seattle http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/people.shtml
______________________________________________________________ D-CINEMA Record Submissions for 3rd Annual Pixie Awards The Directors Board of Motion Pixure Arts and Technologies, a non-profit organization that recognizes excellence in the production of Internet films and animations, received a record number of submissions again this year for the 3rd Annual Directors Board Awards, or Pixie Awards 2003
D-Effects: Matrix Revolution "Bullet Time" tech http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/dcinema.shtml
______________________________________________________________ CALL FOR ENTRIES Filmmakers don't miss these ones!
1} Artivist Film Festival, 1st edition dedicated to social,global, political, animal rights, environmental, by Visual Arts & Music. Mission to strengthen voice of international activist Filmmakers & Artists - Artivists - raising public awareness & funds for global social causes & unite entertainment industry towards common goal of supporting Artivists. Enter http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/november/artivist.shtml
2)DURANGO FILM FESTIVAL March 6 through 14, 2004- FINAL CALL FOR ENTRIES. Do not miss entering your film! Works from around the world include features, shorts, documentaries, animation, children's. Deadlines December 1,2003; Extended Deadline WAB members December 10. Info: (acceptable formats, categories, etc.).Download application at www.durangofilmfestival.com
3) York International Film Festival looking for exceptional material to screen at March 2004 edition March 2004.Deadline December 1st, dedicated to independent film. We've had films winning BAFTAs and acheiving national broadcast after being shown at YIFF ! Assisted Place application. See http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/october/york.shtml
4) Garden State Film Festival March 25-28, 2004 seeks entries before December 1st.Fest on Boardwalk, Asbury Park, New Jersey. Open Talent Call, Scenarios screening for High School Students, Opening reception- Cocktails and hor douvres location TBD with live music. Enter your film at http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/october/garden_state.shtml
5)WORLDFEST HOUSTON dedicated to Independent Film calling for entries now. screening format for the upcoming 5, 2004 unspooling. WorldFest will screen next April 16-2 50 to 60 feature film premieres and short and documentary films. Do not miss the EARLY BIRD discount. http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/oct/houston.shtml
6) Cinema Epicuria,7th Sonoma Valley Film Festival celebrates independent filmmaking April 14, 2004. Hosted by nonprofit Sonoma Valley Film Society,a unique experience combining independent films, intimate panel discussions, special events,private culinary & awards fetes. Film Sociey also develops & produces video & film production classes,workshops for local youth. firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit at http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/september/sonoma.shtml
7)5th FILMSTOCK International Film Festival, June 1st-15th, Luton - UK. Call For Entries deadline is Feb 28th 04. Justin and Neil. Contact@filmstock.co.uk - www.filmstock.co.uk . Tel +44 (0)1582 752908 Fax +44 (0)1582 423347
8) Order additional visibility for your festival online with wide banners and icons from FILMFESTIVALS` HOME PAGE ! Email email@example.com for special rates.
______________________________________________________________ MORE festival news at
have a colleague subscribe to our newsletter: http://www.filmfestivals.com/news/newsletter.html
______________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe to our newsletter: http://www.filmfestivals.com/newsletter/unsubscribe.html ______________________________________________________________
This weekly e-newsletter is intended for subscribers only. Please fell free to forward it to others; subscription is free of charge. For re-publication or copying requests, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright (c) 2003 Filmfestivals. All Rights Reserved.