NEWSLETTER N°172 / Dec 18 - Dec 25
LATEST NEWS FROM FILMFESTIVALS.COM
WE HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THE NEW VERSION OF OUR WEBSITE
OUR WEBSITES HAVE BEEN REVAMPED
TO ALLOW YOU A FASTER ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION YOU NEED
* Golden Globes awards
* Latino San Francisco - Bay area fest awards
* Independent Spirit awards nominees
* Havana awards to "Suite Havana" and other Fipresci prizes
* Global Peace Fest awards in Orlando
* 2003 Milagro Award Winners
* Goya nominations
PRACTICAL TRIP PLANNER
Book your condo for Sundance with us, get your cell phone...
Easy "One Stop Shop" to book hotels, flights, rental car, cell phone.
Sundance, Rotterdam, Berlin... get ready
NEWS FROM FESTIVALS
* Berlin releases first 5 selected
* Aspen Academy screenings for 19 features
* Berlin and Beyond in San Francisco
* IFCT Fest : High Tech under the snow
* Cool 63 films line up at Miami with fest favorites
* Sante Fe on the rise
* Slamdance Primed to Ski Into Park City
* Line up for Sundance peaks?
MESSAGE FROM OUR PARTNERS
"BRANSON FILM FESTIVAL: March 8-12, 2004 invites features, documentaries,
foreigns, shorts, animations and students for presentation and awards in the
live entertainment capital of Mid-America. Call for entries deadline: January 10.
CELLHIRE, the world leader in mobile phone rental offers you in partnership
with Filmfestivals FREE* incoming calls and low national and international
call rates abroad.
Rent local airtime for use in your own or a Cellhire phone and save on every call!
Order your solution for Sundance, Berlin, AFM, Cannes or any film event:
IMAGINA FESTIVAL: February 2 - 5, 2004 LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES
Imagina, the 3D world showcase of MONTE CARLO, invites filmmakers.
Calling Feature Films Clips, Short Films, Commercials,
Music Videos, Video Games, Series, Credit and Logo Sequences
to be part of the IMAGINA AWARDS. Free registration at:
FRENCH NEWS ON THE FRENCH WEBSITE
* Concours au féminin à Créteil
* Adjani au prochain festival de Montreal
* Les rendez vous de Montreal présenteront l'oeil du chat
* Le Festival tous courts s 'achève à Aix
* Pierre Lampron au service du cinéma Quebecquois
* Hommage des acteurs remis à l'ADAMI
* Pierre Salvadori donne sa leçon à Paris tout court.
Festivals calling for your films...
This week, this month, the BULLETIN BOARD...
ASPIRING FEST REPORTERS WANTED
Share your festival experience from Sundance, Slamdance and other
PC activities with our readers.
FILM FROM FEST FOCUS
* Flemish cinema Highest home Box Office share
* Anatomy of hell selected premiere at Rotterdam
* LOTR trilogy extended edition screening with cast in NY
* Cannes selection commity revealed by Thierry Fremaux
* Peter jackson Modern Master award at Santa Barbara
* Elfman to be honored (for Film Composing) at PSIFF
* Jim Sheridam honored at next Palm Springs
D-Figgis: The Futures Bright, The Futures Figgis
Despite the imminent release of Cold Creek Manor, Mike Figgis spent
last week promoting artistic autonomy and experimentation.
Returning to the very cinema in Newcastle where he was first infected
with the film bug, Figgis performed an enthralling remix of his real-time,
split-screen LA story Timecode. The performance was the final act of the citys
pioneering Audio Visual Festival which included the European premiere of
Cold Creek Manor.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Filmmakers don't miss these ones!
1) Located in Downtown Toronto, the Worldwide Short Film Festival is fast
becoming one of the world's premier short film festivals, presenting the
finest short films from around the world and attracting buyers and
distributors. This year's festival runs from May 11-16, 2004.Deadline for
entries is February 23rd. Accredited by the Academy Awards.For more
information : http://www.worldwideshortfilmfest.com
2} Artivist Film Festival-1st festival dedicated to addressing social,
global, political, animal rights & environmental issues through
Visual Arts & Music to strengthen voice of international activist Filmmakers
& Artists & raise public awareness & funds for global social causes.
CALL FOR ENTRIES deadline January 15, 2004.Submit at
3)NEWPORT BEACH FILM FESTIVAL
Do not miss The Newport Beach Film Festival call for entries from films
from around the world including features, shorts, documentaries, and
Animation. The Festival runs from April 15rd through April 25th, 2004.
Calling for entries now:
4)ANNUAL PROGRAM WITHOUT FRONTIERS
Calls SHORT FILMS producers worldwide to participate with their works.
Also see the news on the Festival for Documentaries and Fiction Features.
Information about September deadlines:
5)WORLDFEST HOUSTON dedicated to Independent Film calling for entries now.
screening format for the upcoming 5, 2004 unspooling.
WorldFest will screen next April 16-2 50 to 60 feature film premieres and
short and documentary films. Do not miss the EARLY BIRD discount.
6)3rd BEVERLY HILLS Film Festival May 6th-9th, 2004
The festival is now acepting entries
Call for Entries Deadline : February 1st, 2004
7) Special rate to see your wide Banner blinking on Filmfestivals.com HOME
PAGE hitched up to your online Call for Entries on our Bulletin Board.COMPOUND
film entries. Asked "Did you see your Banner run on Filmfestivals.com"?, York
Fest replies :" I certainly have! Our site traffic *doubled* yesterday - and
the banner wasn't even up for the full day! Email :
email@example.com or helen for a campaign proposition.
MORE festival news at
Film pros: http://www.filmfestivalspro.com
French focus: http://www.filmfestivals.fr
Film & Festival DATA BASE management
have a colleague subscribe to our newsletter:
To unsubscribe to our newsletter:
This weekly e-newsletter is intended for subscribers only.
Please feel free to forward it to other colleagues;
subscription is free of charge.
For re-publication or copying requests, please contact us at:
Copyright (c) 2003 Filmfestivals. All Rights Reserved.