NEWSLETTER #166 / October 30 - Nov 5
LATEST NEWS FROM FILMFESTIVALS.COM Subscribers to this newsletter: 42 997 Filmfestivals is once again a MIFED official partner: producing the official daily newsletter, 4 Web Cafés accepting POSTING and SPONSORING... Visit us at MIFED November 9-13th. Pav 25 / 2 stand number A46
____________________________________________________________ PRACTICAL MIFED TRIP PLANNER
Easy "One Stop Shop" to book hotels, flights, rental car, cell phone. Get your free incoming calls at MIFED on CellHire rentals. http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/cellhire.shtml Get our partners' preferred offers.
Advertise in MIFED newsletter and Buyers Lounge Display your film posters in front of all buyers attending. Display your festival leaflets to all decision makers... Ask us mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/htmpro/mifedpromo.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FEATURE FESTIVALS
* Panorama of France at WorldFest Houston * Berlin shorts Fest ready to screen 450 of them * 100% Indian Fest in Florence Italy * London Fest experimental week end * Cottbus unveils programme * Torino gives more focus to international * Cinedays closed with success * Festival poster contest (Montreal Fest) * EFA wants your vote NOW! * Hip Hop Fest first timer in Rotterdam * Stockholm XIV Opens with Kill Bill * Santa Fe fest 4th * Pittsburgh longtime indie Fest kicks off with humor * Berlinale co prod market new addition http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/festivals.shtml
______________________________________________________________ MESSAGE FROM OUR PARTNERS
Avoid expensive roaming charges and enjoy FREE INCOMING CALLS AT MIFED
Cellhire, the world leader in mobile phone rental and the official supplier for the Cannes Film Festival is providing low cost Italian airtime solutions at MIFED. Rent local airtime for use in your own or a Cellhire phone and enjoy free incoming calls plus low national and international call rates. Click here to order: http://www.filmfestivals.com/cellhire.shtml _________
3rd BEVERLY HILLS Film Festival May 6th-9th, 2004 The festival is now acepting entries Call for Entries Deadline : February 1st, 2004 http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/july/beverly_hills2004.shtml _________ Don't miss Kansas-made "Baby's Breath" at MIFED ! first feature film of Dorado Village Films based in El Dorado, Kansas. Word "village" very aptly describes the Production Company with very hometown feel to it & whole town of El Dorado involved in making of film. Town's citizens even play part in film's promotion, electronic Press Kit featuring residents. Email to Producer : Laurin@doradovillagefilms.com http://www.allaboutghosts.com/babybint.html ______________________________________________________________ AWARDS UPDATE * Hamptons fest awards * Ohio Indie Fest Screenplay winners * Screamfest awards * Human Stain wraps Hollywood Fest * Anima Brussels goes competitive http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/festivals_wrapup.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FRENCH NEWS ON THE FRENCH WEBSITE
* Montreal présente Greenaway en Haute Def * Les écrans documentaires: le programme * L animation Japonaise à l'honneur au Forum des Images * ANIMA de Bruxelles ouvre une "compétition" * Lausanne Underground Film & Music Fest awards * Concours d'affiches pour le Fest de Montreal * Cottbus unveils programme * SATIS 2003/ les SATISfecit rendus, les conférences et les exposants * Solveig Anspach prix du public beaujolais! * Festival Cinémas d'Espagne et d'Amérique latine * Cherbourg annonce ses gagnants http://www.filmfestivals.com/fr/index.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FESTIVALS AGENDA
Festivals calling for your films... This week, this month, the BULLETIN BOARD... http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/deadlines.shtml
ASPIRING FEST REPORTERS WANTED ______________________________________________________________ FILM FROM FEST FOCUS
* Brown Bunny gets revenge at Viennale * Heartbeat: the Best Short Film of Miami * Turkish Film Festival panel on state of local cinema http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/films.shtml
______________________________________________________________ PEOPLE SPOTLIGHT
* Raoul Ruiz awarded Master of Cinema in Manheim * More tribute to Omar Sharif (AFI) * Stockholm Fest to honor David Lynch http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/people.shtml
Imagina, the program IMAGINA the key European event for all digital technology specialists.
* Skip City International D-Cinema Festivallaunches D Cinema competition http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/dcinema.shtml
______________________________________________________________ CALL FOR ENTRIES Filmmakers don't miss these ones!
1)WORLDFEST HOUSTON dedicated to Independent Film calling for entries now. screening format for the upcoming 5, 2004 unspooling. WorldFest will screen next April 16-2 50 to 60 feature film premieres and short and documentary films. Do not miss the EARLY BIRD discount. http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/oct/houston.shtml
2) York International Film Festival (YIFF), March 2004 seeks entries. Deadline December 1st.Competetive, for animation, documentaries & various lengths of original live-action films, with winners selected by independent judges. Our audience will also vote on the Best in Fest award. For information, go to http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/october/york.shtml STRICTLY LIMITED number of free and assisted-entry places for films, on first come, first served basis. Email us for more information on this!
3) Garden State Film festival March 25-28, 2004 at Paramount Theater on boardwalk, Asbury Park, New Jersey. Mission is to promote art of filmmaking on all levels,showcasing wide variety of film, video and animated works,& provide educational programs in the creative arts to the public. Entry Deadline December 1st at http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/october/garden_state.shtml
4) LAST Call for entries to Sarasota Film Festival,January 23- February 1, 2004: Call for Entries Deadline November 7th, 2003. Ideal destination for best, brightest stars & filmmakers. Thriving arts community,white sandy beaches, tropical sunshine, clear Gulf waters an& d tropical beauty. SFF proud to showcase diverse features, student, short, documentary & studio films in 35mm and digital formats. Enter your film here : http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/aout/sarasota.shtml
5) Cinema Epicuria is not just an exceptionally friendly, stimulating, well- orchestrated film festival. It's a vibe. A life-is-beautiful-if-you-hang- with-great-people-and-drink-enough-wine vibe. All I know is, once I got there I didn't want to leave. I was floating like dandelion pollen on the blissed- out atmosphere." Jeffrey Wells, columnist, "Hollywood Elsewhere". Sonoma Valley Film Festival celebrates independent filmmaking April 1 4, 2004. Submit http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/september/sonoma.shtml
6)Asheville Film Festival - November 6-9, 2003, 4-day regional independent film festival touts Western North Carolina as excellent filming location, highlighting region rich in talent & resources. Inauguration has independent films, Feature, Shorts, Documentaries, Student Films, Industry Discussions, Location Tours. Visit : http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/mai/asheville.shtml
7)IMAGINA FESTIVAL: February 2 - 5, 2004 Imagina, the 3D world showcase of MONTE CARLO, invites you to join NOW. Enter your Feature Films Clips, Short Films, Commercials, Music Videos, Video Games, Series, Credit and Logo Sequences to be part of the IMAGINA AWARDS. REGISTRATION (no fee) on http://www.filmfestivals.net/phorum/framepro.php?url=http://www.imagina.mc
FESTIVALS ! Get your online visibility promotion upgrade services BEFORE busy Christmas season; Special rates below: Contact email@example.com to order your perks and boosters NOW for your event : - 2 additional e-blasts in our Newsletter to push your call for entry.$500. - 50,000 banners to run before and during your event $ 500. - a button / Logo on our FFC home page linking up to your website during your event $ 500
Become a Newsletter Sponsor: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
______________________________________________________________ MORE festival news at
Comments: mailto:email@example.com have a colleague subscribe to our newsletter: http://www.filmfestivals.com/news/newsletter.html
______________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe to our newsletter: http://www.filmfestivals.com/newsletter/unsubscribe.html ______________________________________________________________
This weekly e-newsletter is intended for subscribers only. Please fell free to forward it to others; subscription is free of charge. For re-publication or copying requests, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright (c) 2003 Filmfestivals. All Rights Reserved.