NEWSLETTER N°176: Jan 29 - Feb 3, 2004 RESEND, sorry for any inconvenience if you received this one twice. ______________________________________________________________ AWARDS UPDATE: RED HOT from awards season.
* Oscar nominees: 11 for LOTR: ROTK and a few surprises * Golden Globes awards * Sundance awards announced * Writers Guild of America award nominees * Cesar nominees * Fipresci awards in Dhaka, Palm Springs and Tromsø http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/festivals_wrapup.shtml
____________________________________________________________ FILMFESTIVALS OFFER TO FILMMAKERS SAVE 5$ on these entry fees through filmfestivals.
NEWPORT BEACH FILM FESTIVAL Final call for entries: http://filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/november/newport.shtml _________ WORLDFEST HOUSTON dedicated to Independent Film calling for entries now. Final call for entries http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/oct/houston.shtml _________ 4TH BEVERLY HILLS FILM FESTIVAL May 6th-9th, 2004 Call for Entries Deadline: February 1st http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/july/beverly_hills2004.shtml
____________________________________________________________ SUNDANCE REPORTS
* Primer and Dig! win at Sundance * Slamdance awards * Getting Picked Up In Park City * Sundance Hollywood and Politics In Park City * Slamdance schedule of final party * First Time Directors Ski To Success at Sundance * Sundance Welcomes the Women * Complete line up http://filmfestivals.com/cgi-bin/fest_content/festivals.pl?fest=sundance2004...
____________________________________________________________ BERLIN READY TO KICK
Book your hotel now for Berlin with us; reserve your cell phone at best price. "One Stop Shop" to book hotels, flights, rental car, cell phone. http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/useful_info.shtml
BERLINALE NEWS * Monster review on a contreversial film * Cold Mountain, Berlin opener review http://filmfestivals.com/cgi-bin/fest_content/festivals.pl?fest=berlin2004&a... ______________________________________________________________ NEWS FROM FESTIVALS
* AFM seminars and panels Feb 27- March 2 * Large French Filmmaker quota at Rotterdam, Anatomy of Hell and more http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/festivals.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FESTIVALS AGENDA
Festivals calling for your films... This week, this month, the BULLETIN BOARD... http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/deadlines.shtml
ASPIRING FEST REPORTERS WANTED Share your festival experience from Berlin and more.
CELLHIRE, the world leader in mobile phone rental offers you in partnership with Filmfestivals FREE* incoming calls and low national and international call rates abroad. Rent local airtime for use in your own or a Cellhire phone and save on every call! Order your solution for Berlin, AFM, Cannes or any film event: http://www.filmfestivals.com/cellhire.shtml
______________________________________________________________ MESSAGE FROM OUR SPONSORS
FESTIVAL WINNERS DVD LIBRARY Own Award-Winning Festival Favorites on DVD. Subscribe to Film Movement to receive the best of the fests to own on DVD each month. Films are curated by directors of many top U.S. festivals. Receive films exclusively through Film Movement such as the IFP Spirit Award nominee and Sundance award-wining Manito. Subscribe today: http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=37925249&siteid=40927022&...
______________________________________________________________ D-CINEMA NEWS
* Virtual Reality father keynotes in Santa Barbara's 6th Annual Digital Days Digital Days, the popular digital technology showcase featured annually at Santa Barbara Festival, is providing film fans, students and industry veterans with the unique opportunity to see presentations by both a father of virtual reality (Jaron Lanier) and the film editor of "The Matrix" trilogy (Zach Staenberg). Watch a Video introduction
*TERRA CGI film wins 8th award http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/dcinema.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FEST PLAYERS FOCUS
*Monster Director: Profile on Patty Jenkins * Peter jackson Modern Master award at Santa Barbara * Film festivals: too many of them? http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/people.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FRENCH NEWS ON THE FRENCH WEBSITE
* Fantastic'arts ouvre les portes des mondes virtuels * Les nominations aux César 2004 * La position de l' Adami sur le P2P * Newport Beach appel à candidatures de l'europe http://www.filmfestivals.com/fr/index.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FILM FROM FEST FOCUS
* "In Your Eyes"an urban love story * Cold Mountain review * Monster review * Secrecy clause for Stranger Than Love http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/films.shtml
______________________________________________________________ CALL FOR ENTRIES Filmmakers don't miss these ones!
1) ACTION/CUT SHORT FILM COMPETITION Call For Entries: January 15 to deadline May 15 Categories: Fiction - Documentary - Animation Prizes: $25,000 Cash & Hollywood Career Access & Sponsor Awards Over 75+ Prizes More than any festival or contest in the world including opening film industry career doors to the winning filmmakers. http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/04/january/actioncut.shtml
2) BRANSON FILM FESTIVAL: March 8-12, 2004 invites features, documentaries, foreigns, shorts, animations and students for presentation and awards in the live entertainment capital of Mid-America. http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/december/branson.shtml
3) Town of Fort Myers Beach, Florida, now accepts independent films, shorts, animated & student films for Fort Myers Beach Film Festival April 29-May 2, 2004.Theater audiences polled throughout festival & winning filmmaker gets a $1,000 check. Film buffs see quality films & fun-filled schedule includes filmmaker panels, student workshops, elegant celebrity gala. Submit before March 15 at: http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/04/january/fort_myers.shtml
4) ANNUAL PROGRAM WITHOUT FRONTIERS Calls SHORT FILMS producers worldwide to participate with their works. Also see the news on the Festival for Documentaries and Narrative Movies. Awards information and call for entries: http://filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/sept/frontiers.shtml
5) See your Banner blinking on Filmfestivals.com HOMEPAGE linked to your online Call for Entries on our Bulletin Board. COMPOUND film entries. Asked "Did you see your Banner run on Filmfestivals.com"? York Fest replies:" I certainly have! Our site traffic *doubled* yesterday - and the banner wasn't even up for the full day! Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or Helen for a campaign proposition. Details online http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/bulletin_board.pdf ______________________________________________________________ MORE festival news at
http://www.filmfestivals.com Film pros: http://www.filmfestivalspro.com French focus: http://www.filmfestivals.fr Film & Festival DATA BASE management http://www.filmfestivalsPRO.com
Have a colleague subscribe to our newsletter: http://www.filmfestivals.com/news/newsletter.html
______________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe to our newsletter: http://www.filmfestivals.com/newsletter/unsubscribe.html ______________________________________________________________
This weekly e-newsletter is intended for subscribers only. Please feel free to forward it to other colleagues; Subscription is free of charge. For re-publication or copying requests, please contact us at: email@example.com
Copyright (c) 2004 Filmfestivals. All Rights Reserved.