NEWSLETTER N°174 / Jan 7 - Jan 15
HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM FILMFESTIVALS.COM
Our best wishes for 2004 with a successful festival year.
Read about our new partnership with Genesis Technology Group to deliver
SMS news about Festivals to Chinese mobile users (starting with Berlinale)
39 732 subscribers to this newsletter.
* New Orleans media experience awards
* Life Goes On and Westender, the winners of Bruxelles
* Oscar fundraising event at the Castro Theatre
* SFAC selection for best filmmaking achievements in 2003
and more about Oscar, Cesar, Golden Globes on
SUNDANCE PRACTICAL TRIP PLANNER
Book your condo for Sundance with us; reserve your cell phone at best price.
"One Stop Shop" to book hotels, flights, rental car, cell phone.
SUNDANCE-PARK CITY NEWS
* Slamdance alumni dance again
* The Latino selection at Sundance
* Sundance how to...
NEWS FROM FESTIVALS
* The best view rocks from the Backseat!
* New Frisco Fest opening with Vertigo
* Houston Worldfest about validating excellence!
* Filmmakers: pick your Fest! (Houston is calling)
* Fantastic line up for Fantasporto 2004
* 6th Sarasota ready to kick off
Festivals calling for your films...
This week, this month, the BULLETIN BOARD...
ASPIRING FEST REPORTERS WANTED
Share your festival experience from Sundance, Slamdance and other
Park City activities with our readers.
CELLHIRE, the world leader in mobile phone rental offers you in partnership
with Filmfestivals FREE* incoming calls and low national and international
call rates abroad. Rent local airtime for use in your own or a Cellhire
phone and save on every call!
Order your solution for Sundance, Berlin, AFM, Cannes or any film event:
MESSAGE FROM OUR PARTNERS
NEWPORT BEACH FILM FESTIVAL
SAVE 5$ on the entry fee through filmfestivals.
Calling for films from around the world including features, shorts,
documentaries, and Animation. The Festival runs April 15 - 25
Calling for entries now:
WORLDFEST HOUSTON dedicated to Independent Film calling for entries now.
screening format for the upcoming 2004 unspooling.
WorldFest will screen next April 16-2 50 to 60 feature film premieres and
short and documentary films. Do not miss the EARLY BIRD discount.
Filmfestivals Entertainment Group Selects Genesis Technology Group
to Distribute SMS Entertainment Content to Chinese Markets.
The new service will deliver Festivals and films brief news
to millions of Chinese cell users via SMS in Chinese.
Genesis China Roundtable in Paris scheduled for March 26th
FEST PLAYERS FOCUS
* Frank Black (Pixies founder) solo keynotes at TIY
* Ann Savage honored at Noir City Fest
FRENCH NEWS ON THE FRENCH WEBSITE
* Festival Black Movie à Genève
* Les Ateliers Varan s'intallent à Marseille
* La Géode le meilleur du cinéma en GRAND (IMAX)
* Ingmar Bergman à l honneur des 1ers Plans d 'Angers
* Bestiaire Fantatisque à Gerardmer
* l'humanitaire à Genève: seconde édition du festival
* Concours au féminin à Créteil
FILM FROM FEST FOCUS
* 5 Sides of a Coin by Paul Kell
* The Miracle of Bern scores in London
* Nobody needs to know
* Flemish cinema highest home Box Office share
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Filmmakers don't miss these ones!
1) BRANSON FILM FESTIVAL: March 8-12, 2004 invites features, documentaries,
foreigns, shorts, animations and students for presentation and awards in the
live entertainment capital of Mid-America.
Call for entries deadline: January 10.
2) 3rd BEVERLY HILLS FILM FESTIVAL May 6th-9th, 2004
Call for Entries Deadline: February 1st
3) Located in Downtown Toronto, the WORLDWIDE SHORT Film Festival is fast
becoming one of the world's premier short film festivals, presenting the
finest short films from around the world and attracting buyers and
distributors. This year's festival runs from May 11-16, 2004.Deadline for
entries is February 23rd. Accredited by the Academy Awards. For more
4) ANNUAL PROGRAM WITHOUT FRONTIERS
Calls SHORT FILMS producers worldwide to participate with their works.
Also see the news on the Festival for Documentaries and Narrative Movies.
Awards information and call for entries:
5) IMAGINA FESTIVAL: February 2 - 5
Imagina, the 3D world showcase of MONTE CARLO, showcases Feature Films,
Short Films, Commercials, Music Videos, Video Games, Series,
Credit and Logo Sequences register online for free to the IMAGINA AWARDS.
6) DAHLONEGA International Film Festival, DIFF, September 2-5, 2004 is unique.
Brings together concept of totally filmmaker-friendly festival with beautiful
setting of Dahlonega, Georgia - site of America's first gold rush, seeking
truly independent filmmakers. We have a thing for under-appreciated
visionaries. Submit WWW.DIFF.TV & let your work speak to those of us thirsty
for your brilliance. Barry Norman, Cartoon Network , 404-885-4410
7) See your Banner blinking on Filmfestivals.com HOMEPAGE
linked to your online Call for Entries on our Bulletin Board. COMPOUND
film entries. Asked "Did you see your Banner run on Filmfestivals.com"?
York Fest replies:" I certainly have! Our site traffic *doubled* yesterday - and
the banner wasn't even up for the full day!
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or Helen for a campaign proposition.
Details online http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/bulletin_board.pdf
MORE festival news at
Film pros: http://www.filmfestivalspro.com
French focus: http://www.filmfestivals.fr
Film & Festival DATA BASE management
Have a colleague subscribe to our newsletter:
To unsubscribe to our newsletter:
This weekly e-newsletter is intended for subscribers only.
Please feel free to forward it to other colleagues;
Subscription is free of charge.
For re-publication or copying requests, please contact us at:
Copyright (c) 2004 Filmfestivals. All Rights Reserved.