NEWSLETTER #167 / Nov 6 - Nov 13
LATEST NEWS FROM FILMFESTIVALS.COM Subscribers to this newsletter: 42 997 Filmfestivals will return to MIFED as an official partner: producing the official daily newsletter, 4 Web Cafés open to POSTING and SPONSORING... Visit us at MIFED November 9-13th. Pav 25 / 2 stand number A46 Send us your mifed press material ____________________________________________________________ PRACTICAL MIFED TRIP PLANNER
Easy "One Stop Shop" to book hotels, flights, rental car, cell phone. Get your free incoming calls at MIFED on CellHire rentals. http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/cellhire.shtml Get our partners' preferred offers.
Advertise in MIFED newsletter and Buyers Lounge Display your film posters in front of all buyers attending. Display your festival leaflets to all decision makers... Ask us mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/htmpro/mifedpromo.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FEATURE FESTIVALS
* Go Figure Fest of science and film in Quebec * Calendar Girls AFI opening * Salford launches first Festival * Raindance film selection * Belfast Cinemagic program * Detroit Docs ready to go with 65 docus * Hawai opens with The Company and busy program * Germans meets French in Lyon * Festival poster contest (Montreal Fest) * Vice &Virtues at Akab short fest http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/festivals.shtml
______________________________________________________________ MESSAGE FROM OUR PARTNERS
Avoid expensive roaming charges and enjoy FREE INCOMING CALLS AT MIFED
CELLHIRE, the world leader in mobile phone rental and the official supplier for the Cannes Film Festival is providing low cost Italian airtime solutions at MIFED. Rent local airtime for use in your own or a Cellhire phone and enjoy free incoming calls plus low national and international call rates. Click here to order: http://www.filmfestivals.com/cellhire.shtml _________ NEWPORT BEACH FILM FESTIVAL calling Do not miss The Newport Beach Film Festival call for entries from films from around the world including features, shorts, documentaries, and animation The Festival runs from April 15rd through April 25th , 2004. Calling for entries now: http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/november/newport.shtml _________ 3rd BEVERLY HILLS Film Festival May 6th-9th, 2004 The festival is now acepting entries Call for Entries Deadline : February 1st, 2004 http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/july/beverly_hills2004.shtml
______________________________________________________________ AWARDS UPDATE * Cinéma Méditerranéen Montpellier awards * Rosenstrasse wins in Paris * Durban awards Egoyam's Ararat http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/festivals_wrapup.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FRENCH NEWS ON THE FRENCH WEBSITE
* Va Savoir Montreal Science & Film Fest * Newport Beach Calling! appel à candidatures * Bilan du SATIS 2003 19 800 visiteurs SATISfaits * Montpellier prime UZAK * Cinéma tout écran à Genève: le jury * Cinéma Tout Ecran le programme complet * La révolution numérique, colloque à Toulouse * Un nouveau président pour le Festival de Fribourg http://www.filmfestivals.com/fr/index.shtml
______________________________________________________________ FESTIVALS AGENDA
Festivals calling for your films... This week, this month, the BULLETIN BOARD... http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/deadlines.shtml
ASPIRING FEST REPORTERS WANTED ______________________________________________________________ FILM FROM FEST FOCUS
* Spanish Cinema Now in NY early december * The Ride premiered on Sunset Beach Hawai Fest * Raindance closing film: 16 years of alcohol * LAIFA celebrating italian film at AFI * African diaspora fest ADFF opens with One Love * Oui Non, yes or no at PT Fest * Lesbians of Buenos Aires at latino fest * Terra at Chicago http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/films.shtml
______________________________________________________________ PEOPLE SPOTLIGHT
* Ball producer donates Amnesty her Oscar campaign * Jon Fitzgerald a new player in the festival scene * A new President for Fribourg Fest http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/people.shtml
D-Effects: Matrix Revolution "Bullet Time" tech John Gaeta, Academy Award-winning visual effects supervisor of The Matrix, will go behind the creation of more than 2000 VFX shots for The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions in a unique half-day seminar now added to the AEAF program. http://www.filmfestivals.com/htm/dcinema.shtml
______________________________________________________________ CALL FOR ENTRIES Filmmakers don't miss these ones!
1} BONUS Notice to all Festivals Customers present or past of our Bulletin Board, Filmfestivals.com wants to put YOUR EXTRA Press Release online! Email to helen@filmfestivals,com 2 of your Press Releases and throw in your jpg photos too. Just to thank you for joining in on Filmfestivals.com`s BB.
2) Mathew & Laurin Krausse present at MIFED to tout Kansas-made "Baby's Breath", supernatural thriller.Screenings Tuesday, November 11 at 11:30 a.m, Sala Gasparotto 2 & Wednesday, November 12 at 3:30 p.m., Sala Gasparotto 1.During MIFED Dorado Village Films located Hall 10- Salon 2 Stand number B26. email@example.com Visit http://doradovillagefilms.com/babysbreath
3) York International Film Festival (YIFF), March 2004 seeks entries. Deadline December 1st.Competetive, animation, documentaries & various lengths original live-action films.Audience Vote for Best in Fest award.Enter http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/october/york.shtml Some free & assisted-entry places for films. Email us for info.
4)WORLDFEST HOUSTON dedicated to Independent Film calling for entries now. screening format for the upcoming 5, 2004 unspooling. WorldFest will screen next April 16-2 50 to 60 feature film premieres and short and documentary films. Do not miss the EARLY BIRD discount. http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/oct/houston.shtml
5)IMAGINA FESTIVAL: February 2 - 5, 2004 Imagina, the 3D world showcase of MONTE CARLO, invites you to join NOW. Enter your Feature Films Clips, Short Films, Commercials, Music Videos, Video Games, Series, Credit and Logo Sequences to be part of the IMAGINA AWARDS. REGISTRATION (no fee) on http://www.filmfestivals.net/phorum/framepro.php?url=http://www.imagina.mc
6) No film festival is complete without a variety of educational& entertaining special events. Cinema Epicuria makes the most of our Sonoma Wine Country setting to have an amazing array of special events ... especially for a festival that's taking place over one long weekend! Sonoma Valley Film Festival celebrates independent filmmaking April 1 4, 2004. Submit http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/september/sonoma.shtml
7) Garden State Film Festival March 25-28, 2004 seeks entries before December 1st.Fest on Boardwalk, Asbury Park, New Jersey. Open Talent Call, Scenarios screening for High School Students, Opening reception- Cocktails and hor douvres location TBD with live music. Enter your fil at http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/03/october/garden_state.shtml
8) Order additional visibility for your festival online with wide banners and icons from FILMFESTIVALS` HOME PAGE ! Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Special rates : - 2 additional e-blasts in our Newsletter to push your call for entry.$500. - 50,000 banners to run before and during your event $ 500. - a button / Logo on our FFC home page linking up to your website during your event $ 500 - Bulletin board posting $ 500
Become a Newsletter Sponsor: mailto:email@example.com
______________________________________________________________ MORE festival news at
have a colleague subscribe to our newsletter: http://www.filmfestivals.com/news/newsletter.html
______________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe to our newsletter: http://www.filmfestivals.com/newsletter/unsubscribe.html ______________________________________________________________
This weekly e-newsletter is intended for subscribers only. Please fell free to forward it to others; subscription is free of charge. For re-publication or copying requests, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright (c) 2003 Filmfestivals. All Rights Reserved.