NEWSLETTER N°176: Jan28 - Feb 3, 2004
AWARDS UPDATE: RED HOT
* Oscar nominees: 11 for LOTR ROTK
* Golden Globes awards
* Sundance awards announced
* Writers Guild of America award nominees
* Cesar nominees
* Fipresci awards in Dhaka, Palm Springs and Tromsø
FILMFESTIVALS OFFER TO FILMMAKERS
SAVE 5$ on these entry fees through filmfestivals.
NEWPORT BEACH FILM FESTIVAL
Final call for entries:
WORLDFEST HOUSTON dedicated to Independent Film calling for entries now.
Final call for entries
4TH BEVERLY HILLS FILM FESTIVAL May 6th-9th, 2004
Call for Entries Deadline: February 1st
* Primer and Dig! win at Sundance
* Slamdance awards
* Getting Picked Up In Park City
* Sundance Hollywood and Politics In Park City
* Slamdance schedule of final party
* First Time Directors Ski To Success at Sundance
* Sundance Welcomes the Women
* Complete line up
BERLIN READY TO KICK
Book your hotel now for Berlin with us; reserve your cell phone at best price.
"One Stop Shop" to book hotels, flights, rental car, cell phone.
* Monster review on a contreversial film
* Cold Mountain, Berlin opener review
NEWS FROM FESTIVALS
* AFM seminars and panels Feb 27- March 2
* Large French Filmmaker quota at Rotterdam, Anatomy of Hell and more
Festivals calling for your films...
This week, this month, the BULLETIN BOARD...
ASPIRING FEST REPORTERS WANTED
Share your festival experience from Berlin and more.
CELLHIRE, the world leader in mobile phone rental offers you in partnership
with Filmfestivals FREE* incoming calls and low national and international
call rates abroad. Rent local airtime for use in your own or a Cellhire
phone and save on every call!
Order your solution for Berlin, AFM, Cannes or any film event:
MESSAGE FROM OUR SPONSORS
FESTIVAL WINNERS DVD LIBRARY
Own Award-Winning Festival Favorites on DVD. Subscribe to Film Movement to
receive the best of the fests to own on DVD each month. Films are curated by
directors of many top U.S. festivals. Receive films exclusively through Film Movement
such as the IFP Spirit Award nominee and Sundance award-wining Manito.
* Virtual Reality father keynotes in Santa Barbara's 6th Annual Digital Days
Digital Days, the popular digital technology showcase featured annually at Santa Barbara
Festival, is providing film fans, students and industry veterans with the unique opportunity to
see presentations by both a father of virtual reality and the film editor of "The Matrix" trilogy.
The keynote speaker at the will be Jaron Lanier, computer scientist, composer, visual artist,
and author who coined the term virtual reality. Appearing next on a panel of award winning
film editors will be Zach Staenberg A.C.E., Academy Award® and American Cinema Editors
Eddie Award winner for his work on Wachowskis The Matrix. Watch a Video introduction
*TERRA CGI film wins 8th award
FEST PLAYERS FOCUS
*Monster Director: Profile on Patty Jenkins
* Peter jackson Modern Master award at Santa Barbara
* Film festivals: too many of them?
FRENCH NEWS ON THE FRENCH WEBSITE
* Fantastic'arts ouvre les portes des mondes virtuels
* Les nominations aux César 2004
* La position de l' Adami sur le P2P
* Newport Beach appel à candidatures de l'europe
FILM FROM FEST FOCUS
* "In Your Eyes"an urban love story
* Cold Mountain review
* Monster review
* Secrecy clause for Stranger Than Love
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Filmmakers don't miss these ones!
1) BRANSON FILM FESTIVAL: March 8-12, 2004 invites features, documentaries,
foreigns, shorts, animations and students for presentation and awards in the
live entertainment capital of Mid-America.
2) Town of Fort Myers Beach, Florida, now accepts independent films, shorts,
animated & student films for Fort Myers Beach Film Festival April 29-May 2,
2004.Theater audiences polled throughout festival & winning filmmaker gets a
$1,000 check. Film buffs see quality films & fun-filled schedule includes
filmmaker panels, student workshops, elegant celebrity gala.
Submit before March 15 at:
3) ANNUAL PROGRAM WITHOUT FRONTIERS
Calls SHORT FILMS producers worldwide to participate with their works.
Also see the news on the Festival for Documentaries and Narrative Movies.
Awards information and call for entries:
4) See your Banner blinking on Filmfestivals.com HOMEPAGE
linked to your online Call for Entries on our Bulletin Board. COMPOUND
film entries. Asked "Did you see your Banner run on Filmfestivals.com"?
York Fest replies:" I certainly have! Our site traffic *doubled* yesterday - and
the banner wasn't even up for the full day!
Email us email@example.com or Helen for a campaign proposition.
Details online http://www.filmfestivalspro.com/bulletin/bulletin_board.pdf
MORE festival news at
Film pros: http://www.filmfestivalspro.com
French focus: http://www.filmfestivals.fr
Film & Festival DATA BASE management
Have a colleague subscribe to our newsletter:
To unsubscribe to our newsletter:
This weekly e-newsletter is intended for subscribers only.
Please feel free to forward it to other colleagues;
Subscription is free of charge.
For re-publication or copying requests, please contact us at:
Copyright (c) 2004 Filmfestivals. All Rights Reserved.